DISCO (disco.ac) is a file sharing platform for music and media companies. DISCO makes it easy to share music with partners and anyone else. We have customers on five continents including Warp, Sony, Warner and Universal.
Our mission at DISCO is to make a product people love, and to make sure our customers are successful with what we make.
We're a bootstrapped team with not a lot of focus on hierarchy, and we like everyone to pitch on multiple aspects of the business and make an impact. This is an exciting time for us, as we take on more high end clients around the world and look to launch some ambitious new features.
Where We Work
We are a remote team of twelve, with HQ based in Melbourne, but our team members are based in in London, LA, Seattle, Barcelona, Warsaw and Saigon. Ideally this position would involve some work from our Albert Park office in Melbourne, though there is scope for the position to be remote (within Australia) for the right applicant.
We're looking for an experienced product designer to lead design at DISCO. More specifically, we're looking for someone to help us refine our UI and overall brand design language; someone who will help us craft experiments and design the next iteration of the platform.
As our lead designer, you'll have a major influence on what we build and how we build it. This is more than a design job: you'll be contributing in all sorts of ways to a growing, early stage company.
As a team that comes from diverse backgrounds, we're open to candidates from different backgrounds, with different kinds of experience.
The main things we're looking for are:
• dedication, curiosity and the love of finding complete solutions to difficult problems
• design portfolio showing a clean, modern aesthetic
• portfolio covering both decks/documents communication design and UI/digital/interface design
• experience with research and synthesising feedback into great products
• excellent communications skills, including the ability to compellingly articulate a design and product vision to other people in the team
Specifically, the job will involve:
• extending and redesigning the app interface
• leading design of our website and marketing materials
• assisting with UX research with our customers, including analysing different target markets, what they need in the product, and how we can deliver it to them
• working with the product team and developers to develop ideas from customer feedback, iterate, deploy to production and then refine based on customer feedback
• help us to identify future opportunities, and to design prototypes for major additions to the product.
The position is full time.
Work life balance is important to us––not just as a startup buzzword, but as an actual, important thing––and so we ensure all our employees work sane hours and also have flexibility with their schedule, including the possibility of remote work.