Full Time 1.0FTE, Fixed term to 30 June 2021, (subject to funding).
Located in Gippsland, this non-clinical full time (1.0FTE) position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a consistent approach to operationalise the Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Framework to enhance the profile and safeguard the reputation of Gippsland PHN.
The Manager Communications identifies and manages a wide range of communications and engagement strategies and provides timely advice and information to support partnerships; ensuring that stakeholders’ needs and perspectives are understood, communicated and integrated with Gippsland PHN business strategy and program directions.
This role also provides functional supervision and guidance to the Communications Officer.
Our ideal applicant will have:
• Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) in communications majoring in communications strategy or similar; and significant relevant experience in report writing, interpreting government policy, and building, coordinating and communicating with a diverse range of stakeholders;
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated capacity to prepare high quality written material and to make oral presentations that meet the needs of a wide range of audiences in compelling ways including negotiation and facilitation;
• Demonstrated experience in building and influencing communications partnerships to drive and inform business strategy;
• Demonstrated capacity to plan and coordinate strategic and innovative use of a combination of traditional, online and social media communications channels;
• High level knowledge and experience using technological solutions to deliver improved communication results which are fit for purpose;
• Demonstrated experience and success in working in and contributing to a team environment;
• Highly developed interpersonal skills. Demonstrated capacity to build commitment and to influence and motivate others with credibility, integrity and enthusiasm;
• Demonstrated project, stakeholder, financial, time and issues management skills, including an ability to coordinate complexity and diversity across stakeholders, programs, projects, priorities and demands;
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply a wide range of market research and stakeholder relationship principles and associated management tools;
• Demonstrated experience in effectively managing procurement procedures and budgets; and
• Experience in the supervision and mentoring of staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must address the key selection criteria found within the position description.
To view the position description, which contains the key selection criteria, please visit our careers page at:
www.gphn.org.au/about-us/careers and go to the position description
Applications must include a covering letter, a copy of your resume and your addressed key selection criteria.
Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information in regard to this position, please contact Human Resources on
0439 157 358.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5PM, Monday 23 April 2018.
All enquiries and applications will be handled professionally and with the strictest of confidence.