Digital Designer | SYDNEY | Award winning digital consultancy
Do you have what it takes to join the award winning Adelphi Digital crew?
We are a digital business consultancy, with more than 160 staff and offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Singapore, Bangkok, and Hong Kong. We create exceptional user experiences using agile and service design led practices. Our impressive client list includes BHP Billiton, Minor Hotel Group, Australian Government, Boral and Opal.
What we're looking for
Candidates applying for this role will be able to evidence the following key characteristics;
• Individuals seeking a permanent home to do the best work of their career
• Leadership of client meetings, workshops and user research activity
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of leading UX and service design practices
• Evidence of acting more widely outside of the designer role as part of a multidisciplinary team
• An attitude to the work that fits our culture
As a Digital Designer you will act consultatively as part of small multidisciplinary teams to craft the vision for our work through beautiful aesthetics, frictionless usability, and delightful interactions, across mobile, desktop, apps and new &amp; emerging technologies. You will have a love for your craft and really enjoy getting into the midst of projects; problem solving, collaborating and devising effective solutions for our clients. You will have the opportunity to work within driven, motivated and multidisciplinary teams, where you will be able to demonstrate innovative thinking and push creative boundaries.
We're after someone with a good sense of aesthetic and a strong background in User Experience and Interaction Design. You will have a distinct love for technology and an entrepreneurial drive to get things done, make them happen and a desire to be something greater than your functional role.
As a Digital Designer you will have:
• Experience in taking ownership and leading projects from conception to execution, with an ability to provide a rationale for your design decisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build strong client relationships and sell your work.
• Ability to turn conceptual ideas into tangible and high quality design deliverables: websites, apps, EDM&#039;s, and other digital deliverables.
• Highly developed skills in typography, composition, and layout; you know how to work with the grid, create typographic rhythm and set the tone of voice through visuals.
• Strong conceptual thinking skills with the ability to brainstorm and generate creative ideas.
• Highly proficient skills in the use of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and UX prototyping tools.
• Experience in creating UX deliverables through research tools, i.e. Interface Sketches, user/web flows, personas, affinity mapping etc.
• A love for your craft and a commitment to continually develop your skills and methodologies, with an insatiable appetite for new web technologies and trends.
• UI/UX experience turning complicated user interactions into intuitive and compelling interfaces. You must be capable in analysing user behaviour and convert business feedback into productive brand experiences.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of usability issues, including accessibility.
• An understanding of HTML5, CSS and how the web works.
Things that will give you an edge:
• Evidence you can wear many hats, take the lead on the work and client engagement, breaking out of a strict functional job description
• Experience in interaction design with the ability to consider the moments of engagement between people and brands, as well as the ideas, emotions and memories these moments create.
• Motion / animation experience with the ability to construct quick interactive prototypes that illustrate your UX/UI design: this includes functional modern effects, transitions and animations that add to the brand personality and tone of voice.
• Experience with motion software and web technologies, such as CSS animations, transitions and effects and Adobe After Effects.
You will be:
• Respectful – for self, others and workspace.
• Highly motivated - always willing to go above and beyond.
• Show transparency and integrity
• Energetic and passionate
• Accepting of diversity in personalities, cultures and lifestyles
• Positive – have a positive attitude in all situations
• Able to take on feedback and be open to learn
You will not be:
• Playing office politics
Why Adelphi Digital
Adelphi Digital is a full service digital consultancy that provides everything under one roof, from dazzling creative design to tight technical services.
We're now providing the best digital communications to clients around the world with a staff of more than 160 working from offices in Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia, and Singapore and Bangkok in Asia.
We value intelligence, independence, honesty, and an unconventional, politics-free approach to work. If that sounds like you, get in touch.